A Valuable Tool to Aid in Your Senior Living Search
It’s easier to make a decision for your future when you have all the information you need. At Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs, we’ve designed an interactive workbook packed with helpful insights, including:
• Tips for comparing communities
• Understanding the difference between 55+ communities and other living options
• A checklist of services and amenities to consider
• Questions to ask to determine which community is right for you
• Financial considerations for senior living
• And much more!
Understanding Your Options
Traditional Apartment Communities
In a traditional apartment community, you’ll be living around residents of all ages and that can limit your opportunities within the community to socialize with like-minded peers. Typically, these communities also offer only a few amenities.
Independent Living Communities
Independent living communities are often free-standing homes or apartment buildings for active older adults , who have good health and mobility, and don’t require long-term care services. They also provide home maintenance, security and housekeeping, activities, dining options and a variety of other amenities. An independent living community provides opportunities to socialize but includes many other services that are bundled together — services that are included in the cost whether the resident uses, or wants, them all.
Active 55+ Communities
An active 55+ living community frees you from homeownership taxes, repairs and maintenance, gives you the flexibility to decide which convenient services work best for your active lifestyle and the value that comes with not having to pay for meals packages or other amenities you don’t need.
Visiting a Community
These checklists will provide you with important considerations to explore and questions to ask as you begin your research process. Download our guide to get access to the full checklist.
Community Overview & Observations
• Does the community have easy access to local shops and services in a convenient area?
• Does the community have plenty of outdoor areas for residents to enjoy?
Health & Wellness Support
• What programs are in place to support overall wellness?
• Are programs, clubs and events built on the four components of holistic wellness — physical, social, intellectual and spiritual?
Opportunities for Engagement
• Is there a wide selection of social, cultural, educational and recreational programs to choose from?
• What opportunities are there for social interaction among the residents?
Apartment Size & Amenities
• What is the size range of the apartments?
• What amenities are standard in each apartment?
Security & Safety
• What are the security features of the community?
• What safety procedures are in place for the protection of the residents?
Application Process & Fees
• Does the lease include a community fee?
• Are amenities bundled in a separate fee?
The 55+ Community You’ve Been Waiting For.
You’ve accomplished so much in your life, and as you look ahead, living richly is as important as ever. Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs is a luxury community in Oklahoma City exclusively for adults age 55 and better. Centrally located in Quail Springs, it’s a perfect place to relax and pursue your passions, enjoy your hobbies and explore new adventures.
At Grand Tapestry, you can get the senior living lifestyle you’ve been waiting for without paying high fees for the independent living services offered at other communities, like meal packages, that you don’t need. Leave the duties of homeownership behind and savor resort-style apartment living that’s comfortably priced.
Still considering your options? Call (405) 309-0998 or complete the form to download our Guide for Finding the Right Apartment Community.